Production Planning and Control Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planning and Control Manager to join The Alan Nuttall Partnership Ltd based in Dudley, West Midlands.
The Alan Nuttall Partnership Ltd specialises in interior fit-out. They design, manufacture and install signage, interiors and display equipment for all areas of food, retail, leisure, commercial, education and healthcare.
The Production Planning and Control Manager is required to manage a fast paced production control department. The volatility of the sales demand and stock build demand require a highly motivated person with a strong character to develop and implement rigorous processes and procedures to ensure a smooth and achievable production plan is developed and maintained.
As a Production Planning and Control Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Working with the information systems personnel to improve the current system and assist with its future improvement program.
- Creating rough cut capacity planning data, processes and procedures and to work with other departments to ensure maintenance of the required data is fully comprehensive.
- Liaising with internal departments to develop robust stock build programs and forecasts in conjunction with the production departments to ensure visibility of the stock build program is available to all departments.
- Maintaining the production plan and to liaise with relevant departments when outsourcing is required and internal manufacturing capacity is not available.
- Overseeing the daily functions within the production control department and work with the current MRP Controller to ensure smooth running of MRP processes on daily basis.
An ideal Production Planning and Control Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience of working with information systems to assist with the on-going development and implementation of the ERP system.
- A familiarity with all aspects of MRP and Capacity Planning functions in a medium to large manufacturing environment.
- Previous management experience of a team of people within a Production Control Department
- The ability to make quick decisions in pressured and volatile situations.
- Flexibility in working hours and where required to ensure (in peak periods) that the customers’ requirements are fully met on time.
- A driving licence with no more than 6 points, for insurance purposes.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52662055 / INDMP