Digital and IT Trainer
Digital and IT Trainer
Location: Golders Green, London
Salary: £29,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 36.25 hours per week to be worked Mondays - Fridays. Occasional Evening and Weekend necessary.
Job type: Full Time
Jewish Care is in the top 50 charities in the UK by income and as well respected as a leading charity in the Jewish Community and a best practice reference point for those working in social care government policy. We celebrate our diverse staff group, with over 70 different nationalities, many faiths and aged between 16-75.
As a digital and IT skills trainer, you will be responsible for identifying training needs, producing up to date training materials and designing and delivering engaging training in a range of digital and IT applications. You will have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrable enthusiasm for learning.
You will be a person who stays up to date with current digital training trends and provides creative ideas about how these can be successfully applied. You will be part of the Learning and Development team and will work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities of the Digital and IT Trainer
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers to understand the training needs forsystems and applications in use in the organisation.
- Assist the organisation to identify and prioritise training needs in relation to new and future software, and identifying the best delivery method for each development need.
- Designing and deliver engaging IT training solutions, which will assist staff to learn how to use software such as Office 365, client management systems, electronic care planning and rostering systems and other related systems.
- Making the best use of ‘off the shelf’ IT e-learning courses (such as on Microsoft.com) that are already freely available.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes.
- Producing and maintaining up to date training materials, such as quick reference guides, blog posts, short e-learning demos and trainer scripts.
- Mentoring and upskilling other colleagues and Jewish Care volunteers in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques.
- Raising awareness and promoting training to different groups of staff during face to face meetings, presentations and events.
- Staying up to date with current training design and delivery trends and providing creative ideas as to how these could be successfully tailored and applied in Jewish Care.
- Providing excellent customer service to all staff in a way that will motivate and empower them to develop their digital skills.
- Be flexible and responsive to the different training needs of staff across Jewish Care, and be sensitive and considerate in how these are addressed.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Knowledge of the Digital and IT Trainer
- A relevant teaching or training qualification.
- A strong digital/IT training record (minimum of two years).
- Experience of working with staff and volunteers at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of developing training programmes for in-house staff.
- Experience of leading on the design, production and delivery of new training and associated materials.
- Experience of working with a variety of relevant software applications and systems.
- Experience of training people with varying degrees of IT knowledge and abilities.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills to support our diverse workforce
- Knowledge of Office 365, Windows 10 and SharePoint with particular emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote and OneDrive
- Previous experience of using databases
- Full UK driving licence and/or the ability to use public transport to visit our different sites.