IT Consultant – Data Science and Analytics
Vichag is one of UK’s rapidly growing Business consulting companies specialising in providing consulting and business solutions to Industry and public sector enterprises across UK & Europe.
Currently we are looking for TWO experienced techno-functional IT consultants specialising in Data science and analytics in complex Enterprise applications scenarios.
- Import data into HDFS and Hive using Sqoop.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
- Partner with product and engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute company product decisions and product launches.
- Work in Hadoop and Hive, primarily SQL.
- Author pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Build key data-sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automate analyses and set goals
- Design and evaluate experiments monitoring key product metrics, undertake root cause analysis of changes in metrics
- Build and analyse dashboards and reports
- Understand ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Communicate state of business, experiment results to product teams.
- Spread best practices to analytics and product teams.
- Develop the Pig scripts and UDF'S to pre-process the data for analysis.
- Create Hive tables to store the processed results in a tabular format.
- Develop the sqoop scripts in order to enable the interaction between Pig and Database.
- Analyse raw data, draw conclusions & develop recommendations writing SQL scripts to manipulate data for data loads and extracts.
- Install, administer and maintain SQL server instances.
- Taking care of the database design and implementation.
- To create linked Servers to SQL Servers and other databases such as Oracle, Access etc.
- To design database backup and restoration Strategy.
- To create indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools (SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP, and XML).
- Import/Export of Data from various data sources like Excel, Oracle, DB2 and Flat file using DTS utility. Transformation of OLTP data to the Data Warehouse using DTS and SQL commands.
- Configure report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Generate on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Schedule and deploy the reports and upload files to a report server catalog from the report manger.
- Work on streaming the analysed data to the existing relational databases using Sqoop for making it available for visualisation and report generation by the BI team.
- Experience in building Analytical applications.
- Experience in Statistical modeling & algorithm designing, using various Machine Learning techniques.
- Experience in Data Distributions & Transformations.
- Experience in Statistical Summaries & Visualization.
- Experience in Probability Theory.
- Experience in Hypothesis tests & Significance.
- Experience in Model selection & Goodness of Fit.
- Detailed understanding & Hands-on on Hadoop (HDFS, Map-Reduce) & eco system tools.
- Capable to communicate & understand the concerns of Applications, UI, SQL developers, & Management and work towards a solution.
- Implementation of data warehouse in Hadoop eco-system.
- Completely involved with requirement and analysis phase.
- Experience of working with MSBI tools such as SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Coordinated with different backend teams to gather log information for data analysis.
- Maintained design structure (Schema) by directing implementation of SQL standards and guidelines.
- Tested all stored procedures on testing server.
- Proficiency in programming languages: R, Python, T-SQL, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, core Java.
- Proficiency in Databases: MS SQL Server2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Proficiency in ETL tools: SSIS and DTS.
- Proficiency in Reporting tools: SQL server reporting server (SSRS).
- Proficiency in Hadoop technologies: HDFS, PIG, HIVE, Sqoop, HBase, Mahout, and Oozie.
- Successfully migrated data from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Created log shipping on servers for disaster recovery.
- Executed back up database task, check database integrity, rebuild indexes, update statistics task for maintenance.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) and GIT for version control.
- Documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages.
- Worked on job failures, Probe alerts.
- Worked on devoloper technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, and JIRA.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, and in improving the existing processes.
- Experience in data base admin and development.
- Knowledgeable in Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of C# and core Java.
- Exposure to HTML, Xml and Java script
- Experience in managing Data Driven Frame works
- Knowledge of Regression and Exploratory testing
- Experience of Performance testing to meet QA standards
Skill Sets Required
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Programming languages: R, Python, T-SQL, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, core Java.
- Adaptable and keen to learn new data transformation tools and methodologies.
- Previous experience of working in latest technologies such as Hadoop.
- Experience in utilizing Jira or similar web-based test/defect management tools
- Trace record and resolve the bugs during test execution.
- Good experience with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Windows Operating systems.
- Extensive background within IT Business requirement gathering, data analysis, data transformation skills with MSBI.
- Hadoop technologies: HDFS, PIG, HIVE, Sqoop, HBase, Mahout, and Oozie.
- Experience of undertaking Business Definition Documentation and creating detail design document with flow charts.
- Candidate should have excellent communication (written and verbal) and client engagement skills.
- Preparation of appropriate documentation of major changes to data bases for future reference.
- Candidate should be ready to deliver high quality outputs in tight timelines.
Education Level / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
- Preferred - Masters degree
Travel - Occasionally within UK and abroad
Last date to apply: 20th October 2016