Our client is a 70 strong integrated marketing agency based in Farringdon. Technology, and everything related to it, is their big passion. Their plan over the next few years is to become known as a category-defining marketing agency for technology brands. They have their own approach and philosophy called Brand to Sales, which is about helping their clients link reputation to commercial sales success quickly. It works. They measure their success in the campaigns they run for global market leaders like SAP, Blackberry and Visa and super-growth companies like BlueJeans, Okta and Pindrop.
In their own industry, they're getting known for being an Agency of the Future and standing out from the sometimes drab world of corporate b2b marketing. People are talking about them, the phone is ringing, new clients are coming on board, they're growing at record pace and, more importantly for you, they're hiring.
They have a unique family feel here where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose and a big safety net. The company is a special place to work and they spend lots of time and thought in keeping it that way. Their future is an exciting one and they are looking for a range of talented stars to join them on the adventure.
They are looking for a Front of House Receptionist who will be the face and Ambassador of the company. They need someone who is bright, efficient and meticulous who gets things done today not tomorrow. Someone who is super impressive and stands out from the crowd - this is no ordinary role or an ordinary agency....
You will really be kept on your toes so they are looking for someone with reception experience under their belt who is proactive and friendly with a focussed attitude. This role would suit an energetic, practical and hands on candidate who enjoys working in a busy environment.
Key responsibilities: ?
- Answer phone calls, and deal with telephone and email enquiries/requests effectively ?
- Act as first point of contact for all visitors to Octopus Group ?
- Greet clients with a pleasant and professional manner and deal with their enquires efficiently and courteously ?
- Organise meeting rooms for internal and external meetings including equipment and catering ?
- Manage the general appearance of the office at all times ?
- Install your own ideas and process to the operation of the company - being the glue & go to person (it's a real lynch pin role) ?
- Manage the meeting room bookings system ?
- Book couriers, taxis and flights ?
- Sort and distribute mail and deliveries and prepare outbound mail for collection ?
- Manage and order stationery and office supplies ?
- Support Board members with diary and travel arrangements as required ?
- Liaise and negotiate with the Building Manager and supplier to maintain the condition of the office and arrange necessary repairs ?
- Manage all suppliers including the cleaners
- Manage and distribute the seating plan and telephone list ?
- Nominated First Aider and Fire Warden ?
- Organise internal and external events as directed by HR and the board ?
- Be commercially aware and seek out ways to make the function more cost effective
You will need to be very positive, focused and conscientious with a can-do attitude and willing to go the extra mile, even when the pressure is on!
Experience required -?
- Recent, demonstrable experience gained within a Receptionist role ?
- Some event management experience would be preferable, although not essential ?
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
About you -?
- Confident and super organised with great communication skills ?
- Able to think on your feet, you will be proactive and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail ?
- Tackle any problem or task with common sense and a practical approach ?
- Flexible, organised and calm approach to work is essential ?
- Ability to manage own time ?
- Initiative and proactive approach to working ?
- Positive, cheerful, and professional person who doesn't take themselves too seriously!
Life at the company is busy, fun and rewarding so they spend time looking for talented, like-minded individuals who want to have fun whilst helping the business grow. Those with entrepreneurial spirit resilience with a bright, positive and energetic attitude are welcome at the company.
Salary: Package designed to attract the right candidate, including their competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare voucher, free eye tests, new business and employee finder's fees and lots more.