Our client is a 70 strong integrated marketing agency based in Farringdon. Technology, and everything related to it, is their big passion. Their plan over the next few years is to become known as a category-defining marketing agency for technology brands.
They have their own approach and philosophy called Brand to Sales, which is about helping their client's link reputation to commercial sales success quickly. It works. They measure their success in the campaigns they run for global market leaders like SAP, Blackberry and Visa and super-growth companies like BlueJeans, Okta and Pindrop.
In their own industry, they're getting known for being an Agency of the Future and standing out from the sometimes drab world of corporate b2b marketing. People are talking about them, the phone is ringing, new clients are coming on board, they're growing at record pace and, more importantly for you, they're hiring.
They have a unique family feel here where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose and a big safety net. The company is a special place to work and they spend lots of time and thought in keeping it that way.
Their future is an exciting one and they are looking for a range of talented stars to join them on the adventure.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Assistant to join their team in a brand new role. Your role will involve supporting the Head of Talent giving you full exposure to HR within the agency and all the intricacies of how they make the company a great place to work! You will support the team by developing recruitment strategies, recruitment advertising, shortlisting candidates, organising interviews, preparing interviewing training and on boarding activities. They are a highly customer and candidate focussed team who take pride in delivering great results. They want to hire a bright and ambitious HR advocate who is ready to get stuck into a busy role.
There will be every chance to get involved and offer ideas to the wider HR plan for the agency. This role would suit an energetic, practical and hands on candidate who enjoys working in a busy environment.
Key responsibilities: ?
Support all recruitment activities-
- Prepare job descriptions and adverts
- Manage relationships with recruitment agencies and organise interviews
- Manage the on boarding process
- Obtain references
- Talent sourcing across all online channels
- Plan/implement recruitment activities for current and future recruitment plans
- Use social media to attract passive candidates and enhance our online brand
- Support and own projects to improve our recruitment capability e.g. interview toolkits, job adverts and descriptions
- Develop recruitment sources/relationships ?
- Assist with the design and delivery of the induction for new employees
- Assist with administering Company benefits, sourcing new Company benefits and/or reviewing the Company benefits package ?
- Update our HR software ensuring all current and new employees records are up-to-date ?
- Support with co-ordination of training activities and making sure planned training days run smoothly ?
- Support on wider HR initiatives focusing on developing the Octopus Group brand including social media presence as well as other relevant tools
- Review and refresh all company policies ?
- Support the team in redesigning key collateral internally including our Employee Handbook ?
- Oversee the buddy and mentor scheme ?
- General HR administration duties such as diary management, reporting, scanning, filing etc. ?
- Actively promote best practise in line with company polices and house rules
Experience required -?
- At least 12 months experience in a HR support or recruitment role ?
- Genuine interest in HR ?
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
About you -
- You will consider yourself as a people person with strong relationship building skills ?
- You will be confident liaising with people at all levels ?
- You will have first rate communication skills and understand the importance of developing effective internal and external relationships ?
- Strong inter-personal skills combined with a requirement to ensure confidentiality when appropriate are essential ?
- You will be a team player with a willingness to help others ?
- You will be efficient, reliable, enthusiastic and persuasive ?
- You will have exceptional organisational skills with a great eye for detail ?
- You will demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines on a variety of competing projects and tasks
Reporting: You will report to the Head of Talent
Location: Grays Inn Road, London
Salary: Package designed to attract the right candidate, including our competitive benefits package of 27 days holiday, matched contributory pension, private medical care, long-service sabbaticals, health cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, free eye tests, new business and employee finder's fees and lots more