M&E Quantity Surveyor
M&E Quantity Surveyor - Building Services - Residential - Essex
I have a fantastic opportunity for an intermediate M&E Quantity Surveyor to join a leading building services company. The company have been established for over 20 years and they specialise in heating, energy and plumbing systems for the London residential housing market.
Role & Responsibilities
· To ensure commercial aspects of the business are protected and well managed & enhance the overall service received by the client.
· To ensure that the business remains competitive through professional and controlled management of the projects, costings, cash flow and management of suppliers and sub-contractors,
· Working with the Buyer and Assistant Buyer to maintain the high standard of installation and quality of materials to meet the specified requirements,
· Overseeing and Responsible for Financial reports together with the Lead QS / Commercial Manager.
· Assist the Lead QS / Commercial Manager in producing monthly Trading Reviews (CVR Reports) ready for presentation to the Company Directors,
· Assist the Lead QS / Commercial Manager in producing monthly application/valuation including variation breakdowns and negotiation of final accounts,
· Overseeing of Sub-contract accounts, including negotiation of variation accounts, preparing and issuing payment certificates and final accounts,
· Liaising and Supporting the accounts functions, reviewing of Supplier and Sub-contract accounts, Including variation accounts,
· Overseeing of Supplier orders and assisting the Buyers with negotiation of large ticket items,
· Preparation & issue of subcontractor orders,
· Reviewing of ALL Client contracts and highlighting risks and variances to our Tender submission ready for Director review and signoff.
Qualifications & Experience
· You will have a proven Commercial/QS background, holding a similar position with an established M&E Contractor,
· You will also have a degree/qualifications in a Commercial or Business related discipline is highly desirable, but not essential,
· Accounting or QS background desirable; Computer literate; Excellent working knowledge of Excel,
The role will need a strong people person with the ability to influence change and culture. You will be commercially aware and will be capable of running projects with assistance from the Lead QS.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail then please call Julian Ennor on 01223 311735 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org