Teacher of Technical Education
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who are committed to excellence and ready to work in a dynamic part of Scotland.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer
Informal enquiries to Andrew Travis, 01651 871300
- Deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute, within collegiate ethos, to the professional life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers.
- There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
- Deliver quality learning and teaching in accordance with 3-18 curriculum guidelines and Aberdeenshire Council policy and guidelines
- Manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
- Develop the attainment and achievement of all pupils by promoting positive outcomes and wider achievement for a diverse range of pupil
- Promote equality of opportunity and ensure a commitment to inclusive education, recognise and respect the views of young people
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- Prepare pupils for examinations, where required, and assist with their administration
- Participate in the professional and collegiate work of the school
- Contribute to the formation and implementation of school and departmental curriculum and improvement plans
- Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in the school
- Operate within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and Development
- Registered with GTC Scotland
- Participation in professional update
- Involvement in whole school developments and the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of current planning and assessment procedures, and good understanding of national and local curriculum policies
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, be adaptable and be able to communicate well orally and in written form
- Able to create a motivating, learning environment and programmes of work, which take account of individual pupil needs, and be committed to working collegiately and in partnership with parents
- Competent in the use of ICT including application to learning and teaching
- Experience of mentoring or coaching student or probationary teachers
Job Profile Teacher.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf