Maths and English Functional Skills Tutor / Teacher – Part-Time Jobs (AWDO-T2773)
A specialist Maths and English Functional Skills Tutor / Teacher with a passion for delivering both Functional Skills in Maths and English required by a leading specialist vocational College based in London.
SALARY: up to £27,250 OTE pro rata
WORKING HOURS: 16 Hours per Week (Flexible Working Hours), Fixed Term 2 Month Temporary Contract
We have fantastic new job opportunities for Maths and English Functional Skills Tutors / Teachers that enjoy teaching in a fun and enjoyable educational environment.
As the Maths and English Functional Skills Tutor / Teacher you will join the College’s Education and Training Department, which is a friendly, fast paced and an enjoyable team to work within.
This Department is responsible for providing a high standard of teaching and development to all learners, through an array of different courses and strategies. You also will be responsible for the delivery of Functional Maths and / or English to national standards.
Your responsibilities will also involve creating and maintaining individual learning plans to meet the needs of learners, and you will have a hand in maintaining learner records, contributing to schemes of work and developing learning resources in line with the awarding bodies.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established, leading specialist vocational College. The College achieved an OFSTED Grade 2 (Good) during its last inspection and holds the Matrix Standard and the Investors in People (IIP) Gold Standard.
The College is open all year and operates without term breaks. Courses start throughout the year and learners can enrol and start their course during any month of the year.
If you wish to apply, please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review your application.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Maths Tutor and / or English Teacher will include:
- Devise, deliver and manage programmes of study to meet learners’ individual needs, programme requirements and national standards from Entry Level to Level 2
- Ensure delivery of Maths and / or English is in line with College aims and targets, meeting a minimum of Grade 2, ‘Good’ in line with Ofsted criteria aspiring to achieve Grade 1 ‘Outstanding’
- Provide individualised support to up to 150 learners (per academic year) in a range of situations/locations as per their specific needs, which may include: 1:1 in-class, group work, adaptation of learning materials and resources, differentiation of planning and delivery, implementation of assessment access arrangements
- Promote a stimulating learning environment and use a range of Education and Training strategies and materials, including the use of ILT resources, to motivate and engage learners, encourage their development of learners’ skills and understanding and positive outcomes
- Ensure that Schemes of Work, lesson plans and group files are maintained and up to date in the format required
- Track, monitor and regularly report on student progress, and liaise with the Head of Student Engagement and others as appropriate
- Monitor the retention, success and achievement of your cohort of learners and that they meet their aims, as identified on their diagnostic and enrolment level
- Develop a range of appropriate learning materials for use across the curriculum, participate in Maths and / or English Functional Skills curriculum development and staff training
- Promote the importance of improving English, Mathematics GCSE / functional skills as appropriate, in the context of learners achieving their learning goals and life ambitions
- Maintain quality systems and complete relevant tracking, reporting, registration documentation as required by the College, Awarding bodies and other external agencies/customers
- Follow and maintain internal quality assurance procedures for qualifications in this programme area, including delivery and marking of tests and assignments
- Submit any sample requests to your QA or Coordinator on time
- Participate in Internal Verification, Standards Moderation of work and all assessment and marking relevant to Mathematics/Functional Skills Awards
- Assist in the moderation and external verification of qualifications in this subject area and liaise with the external verifier and moderator as necessary
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of inclusive learning, including cultural diversity
- To demonstrate an understanding of the concept of British Values
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Teaching qualification (minimum Cert Ed/DTLLS)
- Compliance with continuing professional development requirements to maintain QTLS status
- GCSE / A Level equivalent in Maths and / or GCSE / A level equivalent in English
- Experience of marking and moderation
- Experience of planning and teaching GCSE Maths and / or GCSE English
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills and / or Entry Level up to Level 2 / Level 3 in English and/or Maths
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply, please send in your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your application. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Temporary Contract Teaching Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Education in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency