Are you an experienced Managing Director looking for the next challenge? Have you a strong commercial background with a track record of increasing the turnover and profitability of an already successful business? Are you looking for a role that will have the potential to offer equity in the future?
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: £120-155K basic + benefits package
Our client are a well-established privately owned (£15m turnover) company with a unique core product working in the specialized area of supply to the food related industries within the UK & Eire.
They are seeking to capitalize on the successes achieved so far by building and developing the board with this new role to direct the business to achieve its full potential and profit opportunity.
They are looking for an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. You will be responsible for the overall success of the business. Having grown consistently year on year, the goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short and long term objectives.
You will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction whilst also implementing its visions, mission and long term goals. You will be results orientated and have a strong commercial acumen, ideally from a B2B sales background earlier in your career as they are looking for someone who can steer them through their next phase of growth.
Managing Director - Key responsibilities:
- Develop & execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to the board and Chairperson so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Supporting the sales effort to be creative and value adding during a tough economic background alongside some significant blue chip customers
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
Managing Director - Experience required:
- Proven experience as Managing Director, ideally within a £20M+ turnover business
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Commercial background with a track record of growing turnover and profitability
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Ideally you will be based in a B2B business that sells a wide range of products and value added services. You will ideally have familiarity within a distribution type business but sector knowledge is not necessary.
If you are an experienced Managing Director and interested in having a confidential conversation, please click “Apply” today.
This role is based in Manchester and is commutable from: Stretford, Bolton, Urmston, Bury, Middleton, Stalybridge, Hyde, Stockport, Altrincham, Wilmslow, Warrington, Lymm, Leigh, St Helens, Wigan, Prescot, Liverpool, Preston, Blackburn, Rochdale, Macclesfield and Huddersfield.