Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer
Salary: £20,000 -£24,000 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced H&S Officer to join our team. Based from our production facilities in Goole, East Yorkshire, there is an expectation for you to travel to our Head Office, The Olive House in Northallerton, North Yorkshire when necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual experienced in Health & Safety to join our team. On a day to day basis you will be the person responsible for coordinating H&S at our production facilities.
* Work towards achieving the Company and Avril Group target of Zero accidents by encouraging a belief across the organisation that takes health and safety matters seriously and one where everyone understands their responsibilities and duties and is committed to fulfilling them, work closely with Managers to improve proactive behaviours.
* Act as first point of contact for H&S related issues for Directors, Managers and Employees on site.
* Liaise and be the first point of contact to external enforcing bodies and providers including contractors ensuring appropriate RA's and Method statements are provided for any work carried out on site.
* Ensure that the Health and Safety Policies and procedures are reviewed at least annually or when there is a change in legislation.
* Demonstrate a high level of awareness associated with the management of H&S risks, carry out risk assessments, present to the relevant manager and follow up any actions resulting from these.
* Investigate accidents, incidents and near misses, make recommendations to eliminate issues and make improvements in the future, recording data to identify trends, issues and patterns.
* To ensure that effective fire & first aid safety management arrangements are in place for all areas in the organisation.
* Developing and ensuring delivery of relevant H&S training programs to meet site business needs including maintaining accurate and visible records of all trained employees.
* Maintain the Company H&S Handbook and H&S Induction in accordance with legislative updates and any company or site changes along with company wide information and communication in relation to H&S
* Undertake new employee H&S inductions.
* Control the PPE ordering process, including the selection of appropriate equipment, suppliers and price negotiations along with maintaining accurate records.
Skills & Experience Required
* In depth knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, ability to interpret policies and procedures to give sound advice to managers ideally in a multi-site environment manufacturing environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team player with a flexible approach.
* Confident IT skills, proven record of using all Microsoft programmes.
* Exemplary organisational skills, able to meet tight deadlines and prioritise work, remaining calm under pressure.
* Experience of managing external enforcing authorities.
* Practical and professional with a hands on approach.
* Holder of recognised qualification, NEBOSH or equivalent, advantageous but not essential.
We are true oil specialists. With extensive industry experience working with household brands and over 800 fantastic oils on offer for a variety of applications, whatever your oil requirement, our experts can help. We offer a thriving environment to work in, a friendly team and a wide range of benefits including, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension and of course plenty of oil!
It's not just the range of over 800 oils we offer that sets us apart from the competition. It is also our ethos and commitment to delivering an incredible experience to each and every one of our customers. Founded in 1980 we are proud that we are still a family run business, our family values remain integral to everything we do, despite our success on a global scale and our new association with the French oil supplier The Avril Group.