Chichester College have an opportunity for a Student Tutor to join the team at our Chichester Campus on a full time, permanent basis. The successful Student Tutor will receive a salary of £20,671 - £22,591 per annum.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Student Tutor you will provide pastoral and academic support to our full time learners.
Responsibilities of our Student Tutor:
- Motivate each individual learner within a caseload and to monitor their progress against their learning goals.
- Encourage each student to engage personal evaluation, reflection and target setting, using value added to measure progression (where appropriate).
- Set, in partnership with individual students, course teams and other stakeholders (including, for example, employers, social care and parents) challenging SMART targets to support progression.
- Fully utilise College information systems to record, monitor and track learners within a cohort of tutees.
- Rigorously track and monitor the attendance of each student within a cohort of tutees across all elements of their programme (including Maths, English and ICT as appropriate) and, where necessary, take action to improve poor individual performance. This will/may include sustained liaison with the student and key stakeholders.
- Identify student needs and facilitate access to appropriate services to support achievement, such as additional support, careers advice and the enrichment programme.
- Deliver and facilitate group activities which support the development of personal employability/work readiness skills, knowledge and skills related to the College’s Core Values and British Values statement.
- Liaise with all involved in a student’s chosen programme of study (including teachers, course leaders and (Deputy) Heads of Learning) to address any concerns and support student success. Where appropriate support through the Student Referral Process must be put in place in liaison with Achievement Champions.
- Comply with the relevant administration procedures and adhere to set deadlines for example individual reviews, UCAS, references and/or new measures of success.
- Play a key role within the Student Journey supporting key aspects of College life as appropriate, such as induction and College events and activities.
- Have a knowledge of post 16 study programmes for students including Study Programmes, Apprenticeship Frameworks, Internships and Traineeships and Higher Education options.
Skills & Experience required of our Student Tutor:
- Educated to Level 3
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Have experience of supporting and motivating young people to achieve their full potential in an educational setting.
- Ideally have some experience of supporting students aged 16 -19 and will have an understanding of their support needs
- Highly motivated and have the ability to work under pressure
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 29 September 2016
Interview date: 13 October 2016
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Student Tutor role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.