Continuous Improvement Manager
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Trac Group we are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our expanding team based in Derby. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts.
About the Continuous Improvement Manager role
Chromalloy Performance Excellence (CPEx) is the driving force behind continuous improvement within CGTC. The CPEx Regional Leader (CRL) is primarily responsible for leading the CPEx Deployment within their region and to develop a CPEx culture, provide technical support, training and coaching in CPEx processes/tools to grow the process improvement capabilities of the business.
This role requires significant leadership skills, as well as, technical CPEx skills such as Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Mapping, 5S Deployment, 6-Sigma Certification, etc. The individual will need to drive change management, effectively communicate throughout the organization and collaborate to achieve target performance and share best practices.
Key Responsibilities of our Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Work in collaboration with GM and Site Leaders to identify and improve those areas most important to the region and sites.
- Establish CPEx strategies, KPIs, priorities, project goals and assess results.
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback regarding improvement opportunities to Site Leadership and to CPEx Global Leader.
- Coordinate, lead and execute improvement projects and initiatives in order to achieve business needs and objectives.
- Drive CPEx culture throughout the region by organizing & facilitating CPEx events as necessary and ensuring that accountability for CPEx is held at all levels in the organization and ensuring standards are followed correctly.
- Conduct site evaluations (audits) to CPEx Standards’ proficiency as directed by Regional GM, CPEx Global Leader, & Site Leaders.
- Drive the delivery of transformational CPEx activities within the region, to deliver Operational and Financial results
- Identify and eliminate process waste by continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results.
- Monitor progress of improvement projects by establishing reporting process metrics, and creating business performance scorecards, providing regular business management metrics including cost/performance improvement and ROI.
- Development of CPEx capability within the region through training of all site personnel to CPEx Standards. CRL is expected to both deliver training and coordinate training as necessary within the region.
- Leverage CPEx skills and talents to assist the organization with capital requests, footprint transformations, capacity planning, and product transitions between facilities.
- Continuous assessment and recommendation to Site Leaders of people to receive further CPEx training and opportunities.
- Participation and periodic leadership of CPEx Teams as directed by the CPEx Global Leader.
What we’re looking for in our Continuous Improvement Manager
- Undergraduate degree in CPEx related discipline (e.g. engineering, operations management, business, etc.)
- Operational Excellence training and/or certification (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, etc.)
- 5 years of experience leading manufacturing or business organizations in the deployment of Operational Excellence
- Experience in successful deployment of Lean and Six Sigma, including: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Facilitation, Cellular Flow, Single-Minute Exchange of Dies, Process Flow Mapping, Kanban, Hoshin, Visual Controls, 6S, etc.
- Ability to engage others in, facilitate consensus, obtain buy-in of senior leadership and drive for successful adoption of change initiatives.
- A track record of continuous improvement efforts with proven successful sustained outcomes.
So if you would like to join us as our new Continuous Improvement Manager then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!