Support & Keyworker, (School Hours & Term Time Only)
We are looking to recruit Support & Keyworkers to join an independent day school who provide specialist education in the Preston area of Lancashire. You will be supporting boys between the age of 10 – 16 who have emotional, social and mental health issues.
Are you a motivational individual who could turn around a young adult’s life by giving them the support, self-belief and skills to achieve their ambitions in adult life?
You will form strong relationships with the pupils you support and will directly be involved with their development and progress. You will build trust with your pupils with 1 to 1 sessions, ensuring they have the quality support and guidance they need.
What will the role of Support & Keyworker involve?
- Build relationships with your assigned pupils, addressing their emotional, social and behavioural needs
- Assessing your assigned pupils, including reports on their development and progress.
- Work alongside relatives and outside agencies
- Assist and prepare pupils for National Tests, examinations and assessments
- Full time hours, 8.00am – 4.30 pm (195 days per year) term time only
- £15,000 - £16,000 per annum inclusive of holiday pay
Person Specification of a Support & Keyworker:
- A QCF Level 3 – Caring for Young People .
- Personal Experience of Supporting a young relative will be considered.
- Previous experience of working with children with ESBD.
- Be a real ambassador and role model for our pupils
- Car Drivers are essential.
The possibility of progression is fantastic as they are a young and developing company with lots of plans for the future. If you are looking for career progression and a to work for a company that looks to empower individuals to grow, then we would love to hear from you.