Group Accountant - Northallerton
Salary: up to 40k (DOE)
Based from our Head Office, The Olive House, in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, The Group is looking to recruit an experienced Group Accountant. Our production facilities are based in Goole, East Yorkshire and there is an expectation for you to travel there when necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified accountant to join our Treasury team. As a member of the Management team you will be part of a group running and shaping the day to day organisation and supporting the growth and development of The Group whilst liaising with our parent company The Avril Group.
* Preparation & communication of Management Accounts & reports, ensuring they adhere to all legal, audit & tax requirements, including process control and development, control and maintaining ledgers, balance sheet control and risk management.
* Assist in preparation of Financial Year End Statutory Accounts under FRS 102 standard.
* Detailed analysis of costs, margins and variances in order to deliver value added information to the company and drive continuous improvements.
* Managing and minimising credit risk & exposure to the company across all four divisions.
* Foreign currency purchasing and contract control.
* Cashflow management and forecasting.
* Line management of Treasury team including training, career development, appraisals & disciplinaries.
* Ensuring a strong working partnership, championing & reinforcing a financial understanding with the Management Team in order to build a reputable & reliable resource to the company
* Assistance with financially-focused projects, as directed by the Company Directors
* Developing & maintaining relationships with appropriate external parties
* Communication with The Avril Group service and support functions, including detailed financial reporting, budget preparation and forecasts.
Skills & Experience Required
* CIMA or equivalent qualification essential
* Strong & proven track record of delivering management accounts while accurately adhering to all legal, compliance & other requirements
* Diligent adherence to control frameworks to deliver effectively the role requirements
* Action oriented & able to deal with multiple relationships effectively
* Creative thinker able to challenge established ways of doing things
* Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills
* ICT skills across a broad range of systems
* Proven leadership skills
We are true oil specialists. With extensive industry experience working with household brands and over 800 fantastic oils on offer for a variety of applications, whatever your oil requirement, our experts can help. We offer a thriving environment to work in, a friendly team and a wide range of benefits including, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension and of course plenty of oil!
It's not just the range of over 800 oils we offer that sets us apart from the competition. It is also our ethos and commitment to delivering an incredible experience to each and every one of our customers. Founded in 1980 we are proud that The Group is still a family run business, our family values remain integral to everything we do, despite our success on a global scale and our new association with the French oil supplier The Avril Group.