User Experience Architect (UX)
Sky Betting and Gaming aims to bring the excitement of sports betting, casino, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the betting and gaming market. Through our close relationships with Sky Sports we can provide a unique opportunity to deliver a real experience that makes us stand out in the online gaming sector. We're striving to be the best digital business in the UK and we're well on our way, this year we've been nominated as one of The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for as well as bagging a handful of accolades at the 2015 EGR awards and we're not planning on slowing down anytime soon! From our base in Leeds and across all our sites, we are experiencing rapid growth and are constantly looking for the best talent to help us in our continued success. Are you in?
For you, design isn't just visual - it is validating we have the right idea in the first place, it's product visioning, user research and testing, understanding users' motivations and emotions. And not just for the single touch point, but for the whole end-to-end user journey. You have a passion for putting customers and users at the heart of everything you do.
You're a big picture thinker who's comfortable taking a group of stakeholders through a journey of discovery to release. You're equally happy sitting down with developers to work on complex interaction design because, for you, it's the finished product that is really important.
You have a portfolio you are proud of. Mobile and responsive design are at the core of what you do and you're at your best when collaborating as part of a cross-functional, agile team.
You're experienced in leading your peers and stakeholders, coaching and supporting your team members, setting standards and maintaining quality with the support from your managers.
As an Experience Architect for Sky Bet, here's what you'll do:
- Inspire innovation with the team through visioning, mentoring and leadership.
- Evangelize UX and create a user centric culture not just within the UX team but across the business.
- Be a strong communicator, build successful relationships with fellow designers, our research and insights teams, product managers, marketing executives, developers, business analysts and solutions architects.
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and share this with internal communities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal culture.
- Cover our rapidly evolving multi-channel products, and occasionally work on exciting projects outside of the agile workflow.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results driven organization.
- Contribute to UX, UI, Style and Brand guidelines for both internal & external use.
Here's what you will bring:
- Expertise in user research, facilitating stakeholder workshops, information architecture, rapid prototyping and testing, allowing you to cover a broad remit across a number of projects.
- Experience in planning, facilitating and analysing field research, e.g. diary studies, contextual interviews.
- Experience of persona creation and user journey mapping.
- Experience in online user research tools and facilitating in-house 'lab' and guerrilla style user research that help validate concepts and designs.
- Experience in Lean UX, the principles of and the application within a design process.
- Experience in A/B and Multivariate Testing using online tools to drive optimisation, e.g. Maxymiser or Optimizely.
- Wireframing & prototyping tools, such as Axure RP, Principle, Sketch.
- Experience in web analytics for driving conversion / acquisition / retention.
- Strong mobile/responsive design experience.
- An obsession for the finer detail, constantly striving for perfection
As a valued employee, you will receive free Sky + HD and Broadband, as much free Yorkshire tea as you can drink (we are in God's country after all), or the stronger stuff if you're more of a coffee connoisseur. A digital private healthcare scheme along with Herman Miller chairs to ensure your derriere is as comfortable as possible whilst you're innovating and a pension scheme that will send you jet setting off into retirement. All this in a flexible working environment with some of the best minds in the industry help make Sky Betting and Gaming a really great place to work (if we don't say so ourselves). So come join us, one sugar or two?
Grow with Sky Betting and Gaming