Scrum Master - Skybet International
Sky Betting and Gaming aims to bring the excitement of sports betting, casino, poker and bingo to a rapidly growing number of customers in the betting and gaming market. Through our close relationships with Sky Sports we can provide a unique opportunity to deliver a real experience that makes us stand out in the online gaming sector. We're striving to be the best digital business in the UK and we're well on our way, this year we've been nominated as one of The Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for as well as bagging a handful of accolades at the 2015 EGR awards and we're not planning on slowing down anytime soon! From our base in Leeds and across all our sites, we are experiencing rapid growth and are constantly looking for the best talent to help us in our continued success. Are you in?
As Scrum Master you will work with multiple autonomous teams in a continuous delivery environment to deliver high quality customer focused services using Lean and Agile methods.
You will be an exceptional leader and role model within the team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions. You will own the delivery process and outcomes for your squads utilising a combination of Lean, Scrum and Kanban. Other Responsibilities will include;
- Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver innovative solutions for our customers.
- Determining, managing and improving the delivery metrics around key areas such as flow efficiency, delivery against purpose and quality
- Facilitate all relevant agile rituals (Stand up, Retrospective, Planning etc.
- You will foster a continuous improvement culture whereby teams are responsive to change, able to "fail fast and cheaply", learn from the experience and encourage innovative approaches for improvement.
- Applying a highly collaborative approach and empowering your team you will facilitate the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably through a focus on risk management, technical excellence, business value and the needs of the customer.
- You will be charged with implementing an agile process for a new team that itself is within a new tribe being built from the ground up and working on a greenfield product for the Italian market.
- You will create the day-to-day process of software product delivery using appropriate Agile development framework principles and practices
- Run daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Maintain visibility of the required up-to-date information using JIRA. Track agreed metrics on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to maintain a strategic product roadmap that identifies deliverables and milestones.
- Support the Product Owner with prioritisation and planning, to ensure return on investment is maximised, and that regular releases achieve strategic goals that fulfil parts of the product vision.
- Support the Product Owner and the team to identify and articulate acceptance criteria that capture the details of user stories.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are tracked and that the insights gained are fed back into the Product Development cycle.
- Grow an effective self-organising, cross-functional and disciplined team where individuals recognise that team success drives individual success.
- Help the team establish and abide by a set of 'norms' that help them govern their behaviours and interactions.
- Ensure the team has everything it needs to do its job and remove any obstacles.
- Facilitate discussions to create consensus agreement and binding decisions. Encourage public commitments and accountability through adherence to commitments made by the team and individuals.
- Promote learning, experimentation and knowledge sharing and encourage creativity. Help the team to continuously improve their process and behaviour through regular reflection and adaptation.
4 SDLC Governance
- Work with the Enterprise Architect and/or Solution / Infrastructure Architects to facilitate the adoption and implementation of agile methods to enable re-factoring, the continual adjustment to code, supported by Unit Tests, to improve the quality and flexibility of code.
- Work with the Programme Manager, Engineering Manager, Business Analysts and Lead Software Developers to ensure that delivery follows an agreed model throughout the delivery of an individual project. Ensure that reports are accurate and reflect known risks and issues to enable progress to be properly reported at the Project Review Group.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect, Programme Manager, Engineering Manager and Head of Product to ensure that the overall SB&G project roadmap and individual project priorities are known. Provide timely feedback for business cases as required.
5 Vendor Management
- Manage individual and stream (delivery) relationships with 3rd party providers of software solutions.
- Constantly seek to improve the quality of 3rd party test processes and deliverables.
- Input into 3rd party commercial discussions
6 Cross Team Working
- Proactively seek opportunities with business owners and operations teams across other tribes in order to build symbiotic relationships to enable better ways of working to surface.