An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graphic Designer to join Counter Context, a busy energetic company based in Sheffield.
Counter Context is a leading communications company that specialises in helping clients to consult, engage and promote. We have over 20 years’ experience of designing innovative communications solutions for clients across the UK, and further afield. We operate almost exclusively in the built environment, helping clients to deliver property and infrastructure projects.
We design consultation programmes when clients need to seek feedback from stakeholders and communities and we also specialise in promotional activities when clients want to enthuse an audience about their projects and initiatives.
Our Design Team is expanding to reflect our growing client base and an increasing number of client briefs that require a strong creative element. It is vital that we are providing our clients with the highest quality and latest innovations across print, digital and creative. Our Design Team work on a varied portfolio of projects across a wide range of different media. They are central to the Counter Context team and work closely with the Account Directors and Managers to support the delivery of exceptional client work.
As a Graphic Designer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Work for and support the Digital and Design Manager on a daily basis.
- Carry out graphic design work – page setting documents, handling client amends, layout and image search.
- Source photography, illustration and graphics for specific internal and client based projects.
- Editing layouts, artwork pages ready for print.
- Budgeting, cost analysis and liaising with printers / suppliers.
- Participate in creative brainstorms.
An ideal Graphic Designer will be expected to have experience of the following and be proficient in using graphic design software across the Adobe Creative Cloud suite including:
- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel
It is not essential, however experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience or an interest to develop WordPress, HTML, CSS etc.
- Design and production of videos
- Creation of Prezzi’s, motion graphics and animations across web and mobiles
- Knowledge, Training and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a proactive and professional approach, contributing to a positive working environment. This position is suited to someone who is looking to learn and develop in their career.
Key Personal Characteristics
- Confidence and enthusiasm
- Attention to detail
- Creative flair and a strong visual sense
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Passion for emerging digital technology
- Pro-active “can do” attitude to your work keen to learn and develop
- Able to work on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-pasted environment with frequently changing priorities
This role would ideally suit someone who is just beginning their design career or who has a few years of experience.
Counter Context is a growing business, run by one family. The company can offer the following:
- Competitive salary for the right individual, dependant on experience.
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 21st October.
recruitx ref: 52651044 / INDMP