Trainer - Reading
Salary: £18,619 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
Close date: 7th October
The Red Cross has been delivering first aid at work courses for more than 30 years and has an enviable reputation for quality and excellence. We hold ISO:9001 2008 quality management accreditation and Investors in People Gold standard, demonstrating the quality of service and training you can expect to receive when choosing the British Red Cross. The organisation operates through 30,000 volunteers and 2,800 staff and has over 180 training venues across the UK.
We are a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We enable vulnerable people at home and overseas to prepare for and respond to emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help people recover and move on with their lives
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication skills to join our high quality training organisation. As a customer focused trainer, you will play a vital role to deliver First Aid training and specialist courses using our practical approach of various training techniques to cater for all learning styles. Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Responsibilities and duties
- Deliver a variety of courses to nationally agreed standards at a number of venues, within your area of responsibility
- Provide consistently high quality training with a focus on the customers learning experience
- Work independently and as part of a team using own initiative
- Ensure all relevant administration and IT system information is completed and processed as required
- To be responsible for the maintenance & cleanliness of all training resources, in accordance with national standards
- To attend RCT team meetings and development workshops, to maintain up to date knowledge of current legislation and developments in relation to first aid training
- Working hours to include evenings and weekends
- Maintain occupational competence in all key areas in accordance with national guidelines
As a trainer within the British Red Cross you will have proven experience gained within a training led role and will be educated to GCSE equivalent with knowledge of first aid practice. A strong communicator our trainer will possess an ability to use systems and IT to deliver training and will be skilled in presenting and delivering training to mixed ability groups. Our trainer will support corporate strategy, business objectives and uphold the society's obligations and values.
The successful trainer must have a full UK driving license and be prepared to work some evenings and weekends as part of a five day from seven shift pattern.
We appreciate the efforts each individual makes to keep our organisation running smoothly and efficiently. As a result we offer a wide range of staff benefits.
- 28 days holiday
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).