Children's Complex Care / Personal Assistant, Christchurch
As a Complex Care / Personal Assistant, you will provide essential care and support to our client in the Christchurch area through our local Bournemouth branch. It is essential that you have previously worked in a similar role looking after a child in their own home and are able to work 12 hour waking night shifts.
You will have gained experience through working in any of the following:-
- Brain Injury
- Learning Disability
Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication and assisting with day to day living activities.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Complex Care team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans to enrich lives. You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is essential.
The benefits of joining Newcross include:
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free training through credits earned as you work and access to complex care specific training
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
In order to be considered for this Healthcare Assistant job you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working with children
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Full driving license and access to a car.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.