£17,561 - £23,301 per annum (depending on location)
This role requires working regular unsocial hours and a 17%
payment will be paid in addition to your basic pay to recognise this.
Ever thought you'd like a bit more variety and challenge in your job? Then it could be in you to be an Operations Assistant at HMP Highpoint. Join us and no two days will be the same, as you work as part of a close-knit team to keep our prisons running smoothly and safely.
So what will you be doing?
You'll provide essential support and back-up. The role itself is hugely varied and you'll work on rotation, so one day you could be checking in and supervising visitors, the next patrolling the grounds and monitoring activity from the control room - and the next, escorting offenders outside the prison.
Who are we looking for?
We want people who love working as an important part of a team. Relevant experience isn't necessary, but a previous people-facing role would help a lot. Great communication skills are essential, as you'll work closely both with other Operations Assistants, Prison Officers and sometimes offenders depending on where you are working.
What's in it for you?
Of course, working in a prison isn't for everyone. It can be a challenging environment, but if you're resilient, responsible and organised, you'll get a diverse, interesting role with full training and good career prospects. That's as well as 25 days' annual leave, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers and much more.
APPLY NOW >
- Are you eligible to apply?
To become an Operations Assistant, you must have the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Get your references
You'll need to include two references, with full contact details
- Take care with your application
- Think about what you're writing in your application and be truthful
- Once you've filled in your application form, make sure you proof-read it. If you're invited to an interview or an assessment, proof-read your vetting documents too
- Tailor your answers to meet the particular requirements outlined. Pay attention to the required skills and match your own experience to what we're looking for. This role has a lot of different aspects, but any experience in security work, customer facing roles, or office work is relevant.
- Be flexible
Remember you'll need to be flexible in your hours and your approach.
Please click apply to visit our website.