Head Teacher - Primary
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You are a skilled and experienced classroom teacher who may have already undertaken leadership or management roles as a Depute Head or Principal Teacher. You are committed to pursuing education objectives and to leading the development and implementation of policies designed to meet the needs of all pupils.
As Head teacher, you will work with and support colleagues, families, partner agencies and the wider school community in the shared purpose of providing pupils with a school experience in line with Aberdeenshire’s commitment to excellence.
Responsible for the leadership, good management and strategic direction to the school, conducting the affairs of the school to the benefit of the pupils and community it serves. Lead and manage whole school policy, its implementation and evaluation. Manage and develop the school curriculum, learning and teaching provision in order to promote improved educational outcomes
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
Please note that the grade for this position may be subject to change. Promoted Teaching Posts that meet the criteria will be resized on an annual basis, in line with the SNCT Handbook. Any grade change will be effective from 1st August each year.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Relocation Package of up to £8,000 (conditions apply).
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference, this must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries to Audrey Hendry Tel 07824537566
- Lead, manage and support staff in pursuing the agreed objectives of the school and the Authority through the appropriate implementation and evaluation of all agreed policies, within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and Development
- Lead the work and professional development of all staff, supporting and contributing to collegiate working and professional debate and reflection, providing strategic direction and guidance
- Assume responsibility for the effective and efficient administration of all areas of work within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers
- Promote high expectations and standards through the provision of professional advice, reviewing professional needs and performance, and supporting continuous professional development of colleagues
- Ensure that the needs of the school community are met by the provision and maintenance of high quality curriculum, learning and teaching
- Responsible for providing the strategic leadership for curriculum development, learning and teaching and meeting learners’ needs
- Develop good relationships with external partners and stakeholders to promote the inclusive school in the community
- Act as a role model to support the delivery of a quality education to pupils in accordance with Aberdeenshire and school policies
- Develop, articulate and promote an agreed set of values for the school
- Overall responsibility for the management of health, safety and well-being of young people and staff within the context of school and activities
Please refer to the attached job profile for the Essential and Desirable criteria for this post.
Job Profile Head Teacher.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf