Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- United Kingdom
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
At a Glance
Part of the TUI Travel Group, SkiBound is a tour operator which has been specialising in school and adult group travel
for over 28 years. As well as our locally run hotels, SkiBound operate ClubHotels that are exclusive properties run by
English speaking staff.
Our ClubHotels offer a relaxed and social atmosphere to ensure that groups receive a friendly, fun, value for money
holiday. The ClubHotels are situated in various resorts across the French Alps. All our resorts offer something
different, from traditional French charm to lively and well established.
This is dual role involving washing up after each meal and ensure that the kitchen is left in an immaculate and hygienic
state and ensuring the safety and security of the hotel guests and the building itself throughout the night.
What You'll Be Doing
* Wash up all crockery, cutlery, and glassware, serving dishes, pots and pans and ensure washing up area is clean and
compliant with legislation.
* Ensure all items are stored away neatly with no risk of breakage
* Alongside the chef, clean kitchen and kitchen equipment.
* Assist with food preparation and the service of food from the kitchen.
* Receive deliveries and store them away in the correct areas.
* Empty waste bins and other refuse as and when required. Working conditions
* All duties will take place in and around the Hotel.
* Patrol the hotel building each hour during the night to ensure it is free from fire hazard or others dangers and that
all exits are free from obstruction.
* Be fully aware of the fire evacuation procedure and the fire alarm system within the hotel.
* Clean the public areas of the hotel during the night; lay up the restaurant for breakfast and any other tasks as
instructed by the Hotel Manager.
* Ensure all areas around the hotel are kept clear of snow.
* Assist in other departments when required (i.e. Kitchen, Housekeeping).
* You will work 6 days per week with one day off as allocated by your manager.
* Your performance will be monitored throughout the season, through direct guest feedback (mainly through teacher/group
* Your Manager will also give you formal and informal appraisals.
What We're Looking For
* Must have a British/EU passport and National Insurance card.
* Hold a valid European Health Insurance Card.
* Have a UK/Irish bank account.
* Experience of working in a kitchen.
* Ski/Snowboarding experience preferred.
What We Can Offer You
* Seasonal contract (Winter)
* All meals included
* Shared accommodation
* Free seasonal lift pass
* Free use of ski's, poles and boots
* Travel to and from France
* 1.5 days off per week
* All year round working opportunities both overseas and in the Excellent career prospects within the TUI Travel Group
* Opportunity to gain apprenticeship in Customer Service or Business Administration.
Job Division: Specialist & Activity
kitchen porte night porter 2012 13 france summer students winter holiday travel hospitality tourism gap year seasonal sports adventure ski snowboard experience
- Job expired