South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health
Contact: Mrs Karen Hunt
Mansell House, 22 Bore Street
Tel: 01543 301139
About South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health
The South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health is an independent local mental health charity, supporting people with experience of mental illness to participate within mental health services and promoting good mental health.
Who do we help?
We help people aged 16 years or over, who use or have used mental health services, or are at risk of becoming mentally ill.
What geographical area do we cover?
We cover all six districts of South Staffordshire:
· Lichfield District
· Tamworth Borough
· East Staffordshire Borough
· Stafford Borough
· Cannock Chase District
· South Staffordshire District
What do we do?
· Provide up to date and useful information on local mental health services, and inform on how to best make use of such services.
· Publish a useful newsletter and podcast four times a year, accessible from our website.
· Provide workshops and talks on many topics regarding mental health and local services.
· Meet with people at risk of mental illness and provide useful information and advice.
· Collect views and opinions of people with experience of mental illness.
· Work with people who fund and provide mental health services to help them improve services.
· Help to resolve matters arising with local mental health services and celebrate good success.
· Provide an accredited volunteer programme with training and the opportunity to gain qualifications.
· Develop the ideas of local people with experience of mental illness, giving people the chance to make Staffordshire even better.
1 job with South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health
To play a key role in the development and implementation of the Strategic and Business Plans of the charity. Lead Staff and support charity Trustees.