Study has revealed that SE1 is the hotspot for SMEs in London
Flexioffices have undertaken research which shows the distribution of small to medium enterprises (SMEs) across London.
The SMEs were segmented based upon their sector, and then further segmented on their London outcode. The study has revealed that SE1 (Southwark, London Bridge, Waterloo) is the most popular location for SMEs to rent serviced office space in London. The total percentage of London SMEs which are now based in SE1 is 7.03%.
Key findings of the study:
– SE1 (Southwark, London Bridge, Waterloo) represents a very large area of prime commercial property within London, and SMEs are increasingly choosing to position near themselves in this new extension of the city.
– SMEs are attracted by the investment in landmark commercial properties such as The Shard, as well as the major transport hubs such as Waterloo and London Bridge for commuting.
– SE1 (Southwark, London Bridge, Waterloo) was the most popular London location for SMEs in the majority of sectors including: Business Services, Finance/Commodities, Health & Wellbeing, Media, IT, Legal/Law, Property, Not for Profit, Retail & Recruitment.
– NW1 (Kings Cross, Euston) is the second most popular location for SMEs in London. The total percentage of SMEs based in NW1 is 3.76%. The location boasts exceptional commuter-friendly transport connections, including two of the UK’s busiest train stations – King’s Cross. St Pancras International. NW1 also offers an easily accessible route into Europe for SMEs via the Eurostar.
– EC2A (Liverpool Street) is home to 3.57% of London’s SMEs, although a relatively small outcode this area is the most densely populated.
– EC2M (Shoreditch, Old Street) was shown to have total percentage of 3.14% of SMEs in London.