IT Support CV Template
If you’re searching for a job in the information technology and need help creating a perfect CV, you can use our template for guidance.
Daily duties of an IT specialist can include identifying clients, understanding IT service requirements, retrieving data, preparing reports, organising information and maintaining IT databases.
We’ve created a information technology CV template to help you land your dream IT specialist role. Download our template now and start applying for suitable roles today.
IT Support CV Template
A highly experienced and competent IT support technician with seven years’ experience in a variety of office based environments. A level head and rational approach to problem solving leads to reliability and fast solutions to IT technical issues. An excellent communicator with the ability to explain procedures in a practical and user friendly way means that many IT problems can be solved via the telephone.
Comfortable working as part of a team or independently with a focus on delivering quality IT support on a continuous basis.
- Vast experience in IT problems and solutions
- Working within a TCP/IP network environment, including DHCP, DNS and ethernet
- Provide secondary support for LAN administration
- Communicating with third party technical specialists
- Fully experienced in providing and maintaining IT security across large networks
- Deploying new hardware, server backups & evaluating new software & security risks
- Involved in the roll-out of software updates and patches.
- Broad knowledge and experience of IT operating systems including Microsoft Windows client operating systems, XP, Vista / Windows & Microsoft Office, and Linux.
IT Support Technician – Aviva Insurance, Norwich
(November 2013 – present)
Working in a busy office environment, leading the technical support team of over 150 employees.
- Being first point of call for all IT issues
- Logging faults and managing response times
- Diagnosing and resolving problems efficiently
- Maintaining the integral security of business networks
- Ensuring all hardware operates at its optimum level with latest updates and patches
- Distributing relevant jobs to junior staff members and providing support when required
IT Support Technician – Cisco Systems, Ipswich
(March 2010 – November 2013)
- Manning the IT help desk and providing instant solutions to IT issues
- Keeping up to date with all Microsoft Office operating systems
- Running diagnostic checks and servicing essential IT hardware
- Explaining complex IT issues to non-technical employees
- Identifying and solving IT problems and logging them into the relevant databases
IT Support Assistant – Direct Line Insurance, Ipswich
(August 2007 – March 2010)
- Installing new systems for all employees
- Providing training for all users
- Repairing and upgrading hardware and ensuring all computers were fully operational
- Creating and maintaining accurate database of all pending and resolved IT issues
University of Brighton
(2004 – 2006)
BSc (Hons) in Computing and Business
Ipswich Sixth Form College
(2001 – 2003)
A Level Information Technology (A) English (C) Maths (C)
Ipswich Secondary School
(1999 – 2001)
9 GCSEs C grade and above (including Maths and English)
References available on request
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require references from any of my previous employers.